Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 136 - Craving Chicken

The best part of Max's Restaurant menu, IMHO. BTW, look, they actually have "chicken sisig". I wonder what that tastes like.

During the roadtrip back from our Bicol trip, my mom kept talking about how we would stop over somewhere in Quezon to eat dinner at Max's Restaurant. Unfortunately, before we got to any area with a Max's Restaurant, we were too hungry, and so ate dinner at the first food establishment we saw instead, which was Jollibee. Not that there's anything wrong with Jollibee, it's just that we were already thinking of Max's chicken for several hours.

Days later (that's today), my dad and I still hadn't gotten Max's chicken out of our minds, and so after mass, we went and ate dinner there. It's a total indulgence -- my budget conscious mom just conveniently happens to be out of the country today, and I think my dad wanted my brother to miss out on something since he passed on going with us to church.

P.S. Today is Halloween. But I didn't even realize it until I wrote this and looked at the date on the calendar. Obviously, that means we didn't have any Halloween celebrations or anything. I did see Facebook posts of my friends who went to parties in costume, though. It made me feel like an outsider, like I'm from a parallel world where Halloween doesn't exist and so I find it strange that there are people who actually make a big deal out of what they're wearing today.

3 comments:

zee said...

HUWAW!

Danielle said...

I've tried the chicken sisig - it's good naman, but the mayonnaise-y dressing they put on top doesn't really go with it, so when we (my family) order it, we have it taken out :P

The 365 Project said...

@danes: thanks! i'll be sure to note that when i finally try that chicken sisig. hope it's not a time too far away from now. :)