Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 135 - Merienda

PALITAW AT LINGA - Yup, the Tagalog word for sesame seeds is "linga". Who knew?

Would you believe it if I told you that it was only after college that I found out that not all households serve merienda (afternoon snack)? OK, so maybe I knew it all along because of course, not all households have the same eating habits, but it was really only a few years ago when I was talking with my officemates about food that I talked about how we usually had merienda on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and they told me that that's not a practice in every household. And once more I was reminded of how lucky I am that my family likes to eat. :)

Anyway, I took a photo of our merienda today because it's one of my favorites. But actually, I like almost all merienda food - bananacue, kamote cue, turon, bico, etc.

2 comments:

zee said...

waaaaaa!! merienda koooo!!!

The 365 Project said...

gawa ka rin dyan! diba pwede ka gumawa ng palitaw dyan?