Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 113 - From the Dream Bookstore

Oh, how I wish I was rich. Or if not, then I wish the bookstores in the Philippines would have more interesting books. I'm glad such a place as Amazon.com exists, because it has everything, but it's just too darn expensive that I can only order stuff like this once in a lifetime.

It's actually my very first time to order anything from Amazon. I've purposefully avoided browsing through that site because I know things are expensive, but I couldn't resist this book. I've wanted to read it since college, but have had no luck when I searched for it in the library or any bookstore in this country. Hence, I turned to the power of the internet. And now I will pay the price, literally. Oh, well.

I got this in the mail today, which is a bit strange since I only ordered it last September 20, and the e-mail from Amazon said that it wouldn't come until October 22. I guess that's their strategy--lower your expectations so when your order comes "early", you'll be pleased. In fairness, it works. :)

No comments: