Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 127 - Happy Birthday Papa!

FAMILY - 1: (L-R) My brother J, me, Dad, and Mom (My sister isn't present in the picture because she lives in New Zealand)

My dad turns another year closer to 60 today. I really don't know his age exactly because we don't count birthdays anymore. The fun is in celebrating, not in knowing how old you are, right? ;)

So today Ate E and I went to SM Southmall to buy birthday presents for him. And then we went to Alabang Town Center, which is a few kilometers away, just to buy him this cake (Concorde, from Sugarhouse) because I think the cakes in Red Ribbon and Goldilocks (the 2 bake shops in SM Southmall) have significantly deteriorated in quality and are therefore very very not yummy. And you know me, I'm willing to travel for delicious cake. I hope that Sugarhouse will not sell out because unfortunately, it's currently the only bakeshop in Metro Manila that I trust. (OK, Bizu is good, too. But it's too expensive.) If you have any other suggestions, please tell me. I love cake. :)

This photo was taken just before we ate the cake. You can see part of our kitchen and the hallway to the rooms of our house in it. As you can see, we are true Filipinos--we have a wooden carving of The Last Supper in our dining room. Hehe.