Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 118 - Movie Schedules

I watched The Town today with my family at ATC. My brother wanted to watch it because it was given a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't agree with them, though. After seeing the movie, I think 95% is too high a score. Sure, it's a bit impressive that Ben Affleck co-wrote the script and directed a fairly entertaining and unique movie, but... at 95%, I would expect a movie to blow me away, like Inception-level*. But it wasn't like that. It was closer to The Departed, (or maybe I'm only thinking that because they're both set in Boston), but I still think The Departed is better, and not just because Leonardo DiCaprio's Boston accent is way more believable than the strange sounding words coming out of Ben Affleck's mouth. Oh well, to each his own, and at least I liked it better than From Paris with Love (I'm only bringing this up because it's also about criminals and cops).

BTW, (haha I almost forgot to say something about the photo!) this is a photo of my dad and my brother, looking at the movie schedule board outside the cinemas. There's a short description of each movie beside its schedule and I guess that's what my dad is reading.

*While writing this, I decided to check out Inception's rating at Rotten Tomatoes and lo and behold, it got only 79%. WHAT IS UP with that site?!

1 comment:

The 365 Project said...

Just testing the comments page...