Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 225 - Did you cry during Casablanca?

So there I was studying a book for English learners and one particular picture caught my eye. See the drawing for #3 Did you cry during the movie? The girl is watching Casablanca! There's Rick, Victor Laszlo, Captain Renault and even the airplane in the background. :) I don't think there was actually a scene that looked exactly like this in the movie, and it's too bad Ilsa didn't fit anymore, but that's okay. It's still obviously Casablanca.

It surprised me because the pictures in these books are usually generic and don't make references to pop culture, because you're supposed to focus on the sentences/grammar (I'm assuming), but maybe the artist for this couldn't resist? Or is Casablanca the go-to movie when you want to refer to one in a textbook?

It's so cute. :)

P.S. Apologies for the very poor quality of this photo. I used my cellphone camera, and I don't think it's meant to take pictures like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ASTEEEG!!