Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 86 - The Other Fort

THE OTHER FORT - Entrance to Fort Santiago in (old) Manila. Small Jose Rizal park and museum on the other side.

And I say it's the other fort because the place known as "The Fort" is Fort Bonifacio, where my former office, along with a bunch of other offices are located. I always wondered if there are people who actually think that when you say "The Fort" you're referring to this one, Fort Santiago. Since this is literally a fort. But I don't think that people talk about this place enough for that to happen.

We went here today as part of an impromptu (for me, anyway) Manila tour with my cousin who's here on holiday from Germany. I thought we were just going to have lunch by Manila Bay but it turned to a short tour of Manila, not that I mind. Believe it or not, I've actually never been here before this.

We didn't get to explore the whole place, though. The other museums were closed since it's a holiday today (National Heroes Day), and we didn't have enough time because they still had to pick up my other cousin from Germany at the airport. On Wednesday they're all going to Boracay. They're heading to CamSur after that, and then to Palawan after that. Can you say holiday?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? hindi pa ba tayo nakapunta diyan?

Ida said...

parang hindi pa tayo naka-ikot talaga, nun ko lang nakita 'yung museum, etc. sa loob niyan 'eh.