Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 85 - Flute Choir

FLUTE CHOIR - Composed of my uncle and some of his former students. My uncle is the one on the lead flute (like I know the difference hahaha), wearing glasses and a light blue polo shirt

Wala kayo sa Photo of the Day ko!

Saan pa kayo nakakita ng impromptu/informal flute choir recital?! Sa birthday party lang ng tito ko nangyayari 'yan! Hehehe. Nah, I'm sure if you're a musician then you've seen something like this or have been part of it before, or something. But since I am not a musician, I'm happy to at least be related to one.

FYI, my uncle, before he retired, was the principal flutist of the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra, which is short for "He's the best flutist in the Philippines". If you disagree, don't bother to tell me. I'll admit that I'm biased since I'm not a flute person and hello, he's my uncle.

Anyway... Today was his 66th birthday celebration and because he recently retired, it was also a sort of retirement party. Hence, his former students and other music friends attended. After the honoring speeches, he and his students performed 3 songs for us. This is a screenshot of the video I took when they played the William Tell Overture. It was a real treat. I mean, how many people can say that they attended a birthday party where there was a flute choir that played? Before this, I didn't even know that flute choirs existed. Shows how "cultured" I am. Hahaha.

To watch their performance, please see here: William Tell Overture on Flutes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

walang video yung william tell overture?

Ida said...

o yan pinost ko na sa multiply :)