Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 80 - Party Food

Shrimps, crabs, adobong pusit (inside covered dish), and barbecue. All cooked by my aunt for my uncle's birthday. Ang sarap!!! :D

Actually, I attended two birthday parties today. One for my cousin on my dad's side, and one for my uncle on my mom's side. So I had two choices on what photo to post: My cousin's birthday was at a posh "exclusive" restaurant in Antipolo, Laya Restaurant, where we were served a 6-course lunch. My uncle's birthday was at their house, with this somewhat traditional party-sa-bahay meal.

Obviously, I chose the picture of the home-cooked meal. Don't get me wrong, the food at Laya Restaurant was really great. Pang-international ang level. And I love eating at restaurants, really. I loved the experience we had there. But... alam n'yo na. Iba talaga ang lutong bahay! 'Yung kinakamay mo lang 'yung pagkain tapos wala ka munang pakialam kung may sauce sa mukha mo kasi nasa bahay ka lang naman... At masarap talaga magluto 'yung tita ko. Hindi man siya nag-aral sa international school or wala mang maarteng presentation 'yung niluto niya, dahil kilala niya kami at alam niya kung anong gusto namin, masarap talaga. :)

Pero sige na nga, para makita n'yo rin 'yung kinain namin sa Laya. Heto picture nung main course. :)

Grilled Herb-Marinated U.S. Hanging Tender Steak with Spiced Crushed Potates and Mixed Greens in Asian Dressing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha--may sauce sa mukha