Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 81 - Idol!

Me and Rafe Bartholomew, journalist and (Philippine) basketball enthusiast

I skipped some more days! T_T Oh well, starting today I really will take one photo a day. Although this was technically taken by my friend J. But my camera was also the one used. Anyway...

This is me with Rafe Bartholomew. I attended his book signing in Powerbooks at Greenbelt 3 today. In case you don't know who he is, he's the author of that book he's holding, Pacific Rims. It's about Philippine basketball. And I know, I'm not a big fan of basketball, but I am a fan of the Philippines (it's my country, duh) and the things that are written about us, especially when they're positive (kasi konti lang 'yun haha). :) Plus, I'm a fan of good writing, and Rafe Bartholomew is a really good writer. I wish I could write like that, too.

For my review on his book, see my main blog.

---

Short anecdote: While waiting for this book signing event to start, a writer from a business magazine (I forget the actual name) approached me and asked if he could interview me about the book. Anyway, his first question was, "Are you interested in basketball?" and I had to answer, "Um... No."

Hahahaha. Call me a poseur :P Ano ba, hindi naman required na interesado ka sa basketball para magbasa ng libro tungkol sa basketball ah.

No comments: