Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 9 - Frozen Brazo de Mercedes

My brother J, his girlfriend M, and what's left of the cake they brought.

There is a house in San Lorenzo Village in Makati, which makes the most delicious Brazo de Mercedes cake I've ever tasted. I think the secret is in the vanilla ice cream and graham cracker crust, which isn't present in usual Brazo de Mercedes cakes. Yummy.

Picture was taken in the dining room at home, at nearly midnight, after they'd fetched me from my work, which ends at 10:30PM. We also passed by Jollibee drive thru before this midnight snack.

BTW, they asked me what this picture was for and when I said it was for my 365 Project, J said, "Yuck! Mainstream ka na ngayon?!"

I didn't know this project was so mainstream until he said it. But actually, I think the mainstream-ness of this has passed, and since I've already said my reasons as to why I'm doing this, I don't think people will believe that this is just because I want to keep up with what everyone's doing. Most everyone I know knows that I was never that kind of person anyway.

No comments: