Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 1 - Calendar Gift

June

Since this project was conceived in the middle of the working day in the middle of the work week (well, semi-middle, it's Tuesday), I'll be starting with a hastily taken photograph of my desk calendar at work.

It does come with a somewhat interesting story. This calendar is one of many that was given to me by my best friend E. The company who printed it is a client of the company he works for, and they were given several copies, I suppose as a Christmas giveaway. He gave me one of the packages (I didn't count how many calendars there were in one package) and after taking one, I gave the rest away to the people in the office. The result is that all of my friends at work have this calendar on their desks, and I'm reminded of E everyday.

I even came up with a quote: Kung ayaw mong maalala kita araw-araw, 'wag kang magregalo ng kalendaryo.

I'm thinking of making it my Facebook status one day.

---

Ironically, I am starting this 365 Project because I'm on a quest to forget all about E. And I say it's ironic because I'm starting with a photo that reminds me of him. But I am starting it this June 1, the first day we said we won't see each other anymore. Well, I've never been much for plans, and I really just want to see how this goes, what will come out of it, if I'm able to actually stick to it.

One photo a day. It doesn't seem that hard, does it? And two of my friends are also doing their 365 Projects this year. One friend, is already on Day 151. So here's hoping. Wish me luck. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"..the first day we said we won't see each other anymore.." -- yeah bloody right :P

ano to? parang julie & julia?

Anonymous said...

@sizarastirera: ikr?!?! anyways, ano ba ang kwento ng julie & julia? 'di ko gets...

zeerocks said...

ngyerks....kasi may cookbook sha ni julia child, tapos in 1 year, balak nya gawin lahat ng recipes sa book, like over 500 recipes ata or something.. :P tapos ni-blog n'ya per day..