Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 57 - Fort Bus Fail

Due to "faulty wiring", one of the older Fort Buses was suddenly on fire. Some officemates and I heard an exploding sound from our office on the 12th floor of a building near the area. At first we thought that it was something that fell from one of the buildings that were under construction, but it turned out to be this bus' engine.

I took this photo along with a few videos of the incident through the window of our office building. My camera's zoom worked overtime since I took this from the 12th floor. I wasn't the only one taking pictures, though. Just a few minutes later, the news of this was already on Twitter and in Yahoo! Philippines News.

Fortunately, the driver and all the passengers were already out of the bus when the fire started. But it does raise some questions about the old Fort Buses that we still see operating.

No comments: