Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 220 - The Last One

ERASERHEADS AND SUGARFREE - I think it's strange that Ebe Dancel (Sugarfree vocalist) wears an Eraserheads t-shirt just after I established in my mind that they (Sugarfree) were the band that replaced the Eraserheads.*sigh* Great things will always come and go I guess. Of course, during the gig people kept joking about a reunion concert. Well, the Eraserheads had one, so I guess maybe Sugarfree can have one, too. :)

Awww... Why do bands break-up anyway? I mean, I know why, but... Why?? T_T

I took this photo just after the Sugarfree set finished at 19 East (bar/restaurant in Sucat, Paranaque). E and I went to the stage to take photos with the band, and successfully cornered bassist Jal, but drummer Kaka magically disappeared, and we just could not get Ebe to pose with us because too many people were asking for his picture and his autograph, such as in this picture. But E and I stayed late (waiting for my brother to pick me up) and found the band members again outside, with less people around them. So we still got to take pictures with them. Yay!

Anyway, this post is titled The Last One (Yeah, I got the idea from FRIENDS. So what?) because the gig at 19 East is the last of the Sugarfree Farewell Bar Tour. Although the actual last gig will be on March 1, but it's in Eastwood in Quezon City, so yeah... I'm not going. I don't even know where Eastwood actually is. -_- But I'm happy that two of their last 5 bar gigs are in the South. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow buhay pa ang 19 east??

The 365 Project said...

oo nga 'eh! in fairness, 'yun na 'yung pinakamatagal 'dun sa site na 'yun. sinabi rin ni ebe 'dun sa gig na nung una silang nagperform 'dun ang pangalan nung lugar 'eh gallos. hehehe, gusto ko sabihin "alam ko 'yun!!" lolzzz