Monday, March 23, 2020

#46 - My Plants


Over the winter, I lost a few of my leaves due to poor sunlight and over-watering. So, I bought new soil, cut off the parts that have rotted and re-potted the healthy parts that were left. I managed to salvage only half of my snake plant, and my rubber plant, well, I lost the bottom part. I'm hoping that they like the new soil and that since it's springtime now, they'll grow better.

It's my first time to ever take care of plants, so I'm a bit anxious about them. But also really quite proud that they didn't immediately die as soon as they got into my hands. My Japanese yew plant, for instance (in the middle), had nothing strange happen to it in the winter and looks even a bit bushier than when I first bought it.

I never thought I would ever be the kind of person to take care of plants, much less, actually do something about them other than water them. I mean, I bought soil! But, it's actually a pretty fun pastime. Since I only have these three, and they're all low-maintenance indoor plants, it doesn't take too much of my time and effort to take care of them, but they bring me joy just the same. And I think they do add a a bit of life into my room, albeit they're in just one corner.

No comments: