Wednesday, March 4, 2020

#44 - Spring in Japan


Cherry blossoms!

I actually took this picture two years ago, when I'd only been living in this country for five days. I arrived on March 25th and it was the peak of spring. When we went to this park in Saitama, it was my first time to see cherry blossoms. This is also the first photo I ever took with the phone I got in Japan. I'd had it for only three days then. But it remained in its box until the day I took this picture.

Anyway, because of the virus, most cherry blossom viewing festivals (if not all) have been cancelled. People aren't supposed to be gathering in large groups, you see. So I think that this year, I'll have to be content with just looking at pictures of these flowers. Not that they won't be blooming in a few weeks. They'll of course bloom, regardless. So I'd still probably see them around during my daily commute and whatnot. But I'm not expecting anyone to suggest having a picnic at a public park soon.

No comments: