Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 2 - Assessment Test

a page from one of the assessment tests

Today I went to two language institutions to take assessment tests to determine which of their programs I should enroll in. And both of them told me the same thing: Your level is neither here nor there. We can't include you in a class.

Apparently, my level is too high for a beginner's class, but too low for an advanced one. Which isn't to say that I can't study at their institution anymore. It's just that I would have to enroll in their one-on-one program, which is at least three times more expensive. So one of the teachers told me to not enroll anymore. "Just study on your own and find a language partner to practice conversations with," she recommended.

Well, isn't that what I'd failed to do in the first place and that's why I looked for language institutes near my house? Why are problems most of the time ultimately circular?

No comments: