Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 146 - Starbucks at Christmas

I don't know what year the "fad" started but for the past ones, it's been a tradition of Starbucks to reward their customers with Starbucks Planners if they buy at least 18 drinks during Christmas season. This is a picture of the drink I ordered today (Caramel Cream Affogato) and the booklet to which the baristas put a sticker on to indicate how loyal a customer I am.

I used to have more enthusiasm for this "promo", but I'm not happy about the Christmas drinks this year. It seems there's a conspiracy to keep the Christmas drinks that I hate--Praline, Toffee Nut, and Peppermint, and get rid of the ones that I loved--Gingerbread and Dark Cherry. At least in the previous years, at least one or the other (Gingerbread or Dark Cherry) was available. But now, they're both gone and so I don't think I'll be able to collect enough stickers this year. Which is just as well because I'm planning on saving money anyway, and I'm actually not too impressed with the planner design for 2011.

Still, you never know. So I'll keep my options open.

No comments: