Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 142 - The Last Hour of Rock

Today is the last day of my favorite local radio station. Actually, the only radio station I really really liked. Okay, so I listen to other radio stations too, and for the past few years, the DJs on this station haven't been all that great, and so I haven't been listening to it that often, but... I used to always feel comfortable knowing that whenever I get sick of the mainstream songs that are so easy to get sick of, there's always that station on the edge of the FM spectrum, that plays rock.

But now, mainstream has won again. 107.5 will stop playing rock music, and NU107, the home of nurock, will be no more. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do without this radio station. This is where I first heard the songs that would become my favorite songs. This is the station that made me love music.

I couldn't think of anything to take a picture of today, because this day has been all about listening to the radio. So, my picture of the day is a screenshot of NU107's Live Access website. As you can see, there's a crowd inside the studio, and there are over 3000 people viewing the live stream (there's normally only around 100 or less). The jocks are saying their goodbyes and playing the best rock songs ever.

I think I'm going to cry, too.

No comments: