Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 292 - Roll Down the Hill

In the school I went to for elementary and high school education, there was a small hill near the library. When I was in kindergarten (or actually until I got to Grade 6, and probably until high school if only I was allowed), my friends and I used to go there all the time to play. Sometimes, when we were in our P.E. uniform (and therefore not in a skirt), we would roll down, not caring about the grass that would stain our uniform, or even, the pain.

When I saw the hill again recently, it looked very small. Way smaller than how I remembered it. I guess when you're a kid things really are bigger. And also, they'd built a cement pathway down the middle of the hill and put a "Butterfly Park" on it so it actually did get smaller. Pffft. "Progress" sucks.

Anyway, this is the hill in Staglands, a park in New Zealand where deer could roam free and children can play with them. It's a very big hill. And I wish the hill in the school I went to was as big. Then again, at the time I went to school there, it felt like it was this big.

---

P.S. It has been more than a year now since I first started this project, but obviously, I didn't take one photo for each day, otherwise I would've been finished before today. No matter. 365 is just a number. Technically, there are 365 and 1/4 days in a year anyway, and whoever said that the 365 days for this project needed to be consecutive and within just 1 year? :P LOL. Me and my excuses.

No comments: